Train The Trainer
|12-13 May 2016||Nottingham||£595.00 + VAT||Book Online for a 10% Discount|
|19-20 July 2016||Reading||£595.00 + VAT||Book Online for a 10% Discount|
|12-13 October 2016||Reading||£595.00 + VAT||Book Online for a 10% Discount|
|27-28 October 2016||Nottingham||£595.00 + VAT||Book Online for a 10% Discount|
This programme is primarily run as a bespoke in-house provision. So if you have 4 or more participants, we can either schedule this programme at your premises or, alternatively, arrange a suitable venue for you to attend. Please call 0844 800 3295 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Introduction to the Train The Trainer course
Our 2-day Train The Trainer course provides the essential skills for people that are new to training, or simply wishing to refresh their skills. It will guide you through the full training cycle:
- Identify - needs analysis (scoping needs whilst managing stakeholders)
- Design - how to truly be the architect of masterful training material that will hook your audience
- Delivery - covering aspects of anchoring, delivering with humour, clap traps and many, many more
- Evaluation - how to measure the commercial validity of your training
Participant numbers are limited on our Train The Trainer course to a maximum of 6 in order to ensure more personal time with the trainer.
What will I learn on the Train The Trainer course?
By the end of the Train The Trainer course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and analyse training needs (GAPS)
- Explain how people learn through multiple types of intelligences
- The training cycle
- Design an interactive training course, using our unique segmented approach that can adapt to bite-size, half-day and full day deliveries
- Use a range of skills, methods and behaviours to develop learners' knowledge and participation when delivering training with learning consolidation taken into account
- Provide effective feedback for you (the trainer) and your delegates
This is a very practical course, where you will have the opportunity to practice your training skills. Please prepare a 10-15 minute training session on a subject of your choice and bring this along with you ready to deliver during the programme.
A laptop with PowerPoint, a light projector and a flip chart will be available for your use.
What will the Train The Trainer course cover?
The Train the Trainer course syllabus comprises the following modules which are taught over the two days:
Module One - Training in your business context
- Participants and trainer will take a look at the delegate's training situation, defining what training is and is not, and explore options for learning.
Module Two - Looking at training in context
- Recognising the role of the training function within an organisation
- Identifying training needs analysis
- Learning strategies and corporate training planning
- Looking at the cycle of training
Module Three - Understanding learning
- Learning the difference between education, training and development
- Analysing how people learn with an introduction to multiple intelligences
- Explore learning styles... which one (or more) do you favour?
- Discovering what part experiential learning plays in training
Module Four - Planning and preparing a training session
- Setting training objectives and learning outcomes
- Identifying the different training methods
- Learning how to structure a successful training session (our unique segmented approach)
- Designing a session which is interactive and engaging (See, Hear & Feel)
- Building in learner assessments and review time
- Developing an understanding of visual aids and how they enhance training
Module Five - The effective trainer
- Discovering what personal attributes, skills and knowledge make a good trainer
- Discussing the process of effective communication within a group
- Using the techniques of active listening and effective questioning to develop you as a trainer
- Practising non-verbal communication and the role of body language
- Learning how to deal with challenging situations and problem trainees
- Understand how to facilitate consolidation
Module Six - Delivering the training
- Learning how to project a confident and motivational approach to your delivery
- Using ice breakers and energisers to keep trainees engaged
- Managing the session in bite-sized "chunks" to help delivery flow
- Establishing how to effectively evaluate the training delivery
Module Seven - Practical training session
- You will deliver a short training session; your peers will then give feedback and help you develop yourself, the material (if required) and retention methods.
ILM Approved Train the Trainer Course
For an ILM-approved Train the Trainer course which enables you to obtain an ILM Development Certificate, please click here.